Monday, March 12, 2012

The real test

How well can you braid in the dark? I know it sounds tough to do and it wasn't the best idea, but I ended up braiding Kat in the dark, in his stall for our competition on Friday. Although I had a bit of light by the full moon, it wasn't as much as I would have liked. Yet still, our braids came out neat and presentable.

I need to pull his mane and thin it out a touch, but I have yet to do it. I was using the technique from HuntSeatHorses.com as was mentioned previously here on the blog.  It took me less than two hours this time, but with practice it should go faster each time.

Add in that I lost my crochet hook for pulling the yarn through and yes, I improvised using the hair clip to do the job. It wasn't the greatest and didn't work so well every time, but for the braids where it did, it helped a lot.   

And so it goes- another show is in the books. By the next one, I should have a replacement hook to do the job.  At least I hope so.

3 comments:

  1. Wally world sells them by the package , large to tiny little ones , might be a worthwhile investment? As for braiding in the dark, well done , I can barely walk let alone do fine motor stuff when I cannot see

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night I found mine. Or at least one of them. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great informative post. I get more information from this. I am delighted to have found this post …
    MiningPlacement

    ReplyDelete